BlephEx is an ophthalmology device that eliminates blepharitis, an eyelid infection causing swollen, itchy and painful eyelids when bacteria and oil accumulate along the edge of the eyelashes. If you are suffering symptoms of dry eye–burning, stinging, light sensitivity, blurry vision, and excessively watery eyes schedule an appointment.
- BlephEx™ … The First and Only Clinician Treatment for Blepharitis
Over 30% of all patients suffer from some type of blepharitis symptoms.
- BlephEx™ is a new, in-office procedure that allows the clinician to take an active role in treating blepharitis.
- BlephEx™ reduces scurf and bacterial debris, the main causes of inflammatory lid disease, and improves the overall health of the eyelid.
- Patients will finally enjoy a life free from the chronic and irritating symptoms associated with blepharitis.
- The BlephEx™ treatment only takes a few minutes to perform.
- BlephEx™ can save the patient hundreds of dollars in the costs of prescription drops and artificial tears.
- See your eye specialist for the latest in eyecare technology.
How Does BlephEx Work?
BlephEx is an in-office treatment meant to remove debris, biofilm, and scurf (dandruff) from eyelids. Since the specific area where the eyelashes meet the edge of the eyelids never gets properly cleaned, untouched bacteria may create an irritating biofilm that worsens as we age. People who wear contacts are especially vulnerable to suffering blepharitis and/or dry eye syndrome because contacts, as foreign bodies inserted in the eye, naturally attract bacteria and debris
Benefits of BlephEx Treatment
In addition to keeping your eyelids healthy and clean, BlephEx also:
- Gently and quickly removes excess bacterial toxins and biofilms primarily responsible for dry eyes and eyelid inflammation
- Prevents recurring symptoms of dry eyes with regular treatment (every four to six months is recommended for people suffering chronic dry eyes and/or blepharitis
- Is completed within 15 minutes
- Is a comfortable, painless procedure
If you suspect you are suffering from dry eye disease, please call Twinsburg Eye Associates today to schedule an appointment.
iLUX Dry Eye Treatment
Dry eye occurs when the eye does not produce enough quality tears to protect the eye. There are many treatment options available for dry eye including over the counter and prescription eye drops, warm compresses, and lid scrubs.
Twinsburg Eye Associates are excited to introduce iLux, a new addition to the many treatment options we have available for our dry eye patients.
The iLux is a device that directly treats the meibomian glands. The meibomian glands play a role in providing oil to keep the eyes moist. If these glands become clogged, then the eyes are not receiving enough moisture to keep them lubricated. This is called meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD). MGD is a leading cause of dry eye.
How iLux works
An iLux treatment is a simple process. It first allows the doctor to look closely at the meibomian glands through a magnifying lens to see which glands need treatment. Then the doctor uses the iLux to apply a LED light-based heat to warm the meibomian glands. Once they are sufficiently warmed, the doctor uses the iLux to compress the eyelid to help clear out the glands. Treatment takes approximately 5-7 minutes per eye.
For more information about the iLux or to schedule a dry eye treatment, please call us at 330-425-2020.